The aim of the MRSS Visiting Researchers is to encourage the visit of early and mid-career materials scientists of the Asian region ( 10-15 years of post-doctoral research experience or Assistant Professor/Associate Professor position or equivalent ) to work at the National University of Singapore (NUS) or the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) for a minimum period of three months.
Please contact the people working in the field of your research interest at the National University of Singapore (NUS) or the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) Singapore and get the acceptance to host your visit for the said period.
All prospective Visiting Researchers are requested to provide all of the following information:
- A completed application form.
- A curriculum vitae with summary of achievements/awards and a list of recent key publications (5 pages maximum).
- A consent letter from the host faculty/university.
- A letter of recommendation from two academic referees.
- A letter of endorsement from the home MRS (optional).
- If you are receiving other sponsorship funding for your visit, please attached evidence of this.
Priority will be given to those who receive partial support from his/her home institution or university. Support from MRS Singapore can be up to S$10,000 for each visitor towards travel, accommodation and living expenses for the total duration of the visit program.
Please send your application to MRS Singapore (email@example.com). Please note that an application cannot be processed until all of these items have been received.
Person of Contact
Materials Research Society of Singapore
Name: Prof B.V.R. CHOWDARI
Office: +65 6592 7812
National University of Singapore
Name: Prof Jun DING
Contact: +65 6516 4317
Nanyang Technological University
Name: Prof Lydia Helena WONG
Office: +65 6513 8292